Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I Love Finishing Projects




Last night I stayed up finishing a project that I started a long time ago. I made an animal letter for each letter of the alphabet to put up in the girls' room. Annie and Bekah think they're pretty fun and they know the song that goes along with them. One of the things I miss about working outside of the home is that fulfilling feeling of finishing projects and being visibly productive with visible results. I've been really contemplating homeschooling lately and I don't want to make a decision based on it being something I think I'd enjoy, but what my children would benefit from most. I do think I could teach them if the Lord called me to do it, and lately I've been finding out that homeschooling can include classes with other students, tons of field trips, and even involvement in public school's extra-curricular activities. There is so much to weigh, but ultimately I want to do what the Lord calls me to. We'll see!

My girls have been excited to help out in the kitchen lately (I hope this enthusiam continues for years to come). Bekah was quite proud of herself as she scrubbed potatoes for dinner last night. And Annie had a great time today learning to make apple pie. I'm determined to pass down as much practical knowledge that I can to my daughters. This really is a fun stage of parenting...and after last week, I could certainly use a little fun in this area of life.

I'm learning to be content and truly enjoy each day with all of its tasks. God gives us each day and each season of life to live for Him. I don't want to be constantly looking forward to the next big event or the exit of a certain stage of parenting. I want to fully enjoy and make the most of what I've been blessed with.
Just some thoughts I've been thinking lately. :)

6 comments:

linda said...

Congratulations...your alphabet looks nice. I'm happy for you because Iknow that you were anxios to finish it. Looks great.I love the pictures of the girls,and again I say congratulations because you are doing great job with the girls teaching them how to help you in the kitchen. I hope that one day the Lord send me a little girl, so that I can teach her many things, because you know I LOVE TO COOK.

Leti said...

I love your abc's! What incredible pixs of the girls helping out and smiling too. You are doing a wonderful Mom as a Mommie and I know if the Lord calls you to homeschool, HE will supply all that you need. You can never have enough info., so ask as many questions as you want. I am here to help, although I've been out of it for a while. And I fully understand the "finished product, visible results"...you know I do! I love what you said about enjoying the particular stage you are in without looking to the next big thing, I do this so often.

lulu said...

I love your ABC'S. I was looking at them and naming the animals.They look beautiful.
Your a great mom,look how happy your girls are.
Love you guys....

José J. said...

I have tried to stay out of my wife's blog, but my heart is so overwhelmed with gratitude and joy that at the risk of embarrasing her here goes:

"She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness" (Prov 31:27).

I am so blessed by this woman. Although she doesn't think so, she is so patient with us and always blesses us. As you can see she takes so much pride and time in doing things with and for our girls. My girls our truly fortunate to have such a wonderful Mommy.

I have no doubt that if God leads us, she would be a wonderful teacher. One day as we were driving home she taught Annie to understand opposites in a few minutes. Also she is always teaching them something as she takes time to explain why or how something is the way it is. Although I know she is tired at times, she always makes an effort to answer those "why mommy why?" questions.

I love her and our girls and am so blessed by God. I know more intimately what the Psalmist meant when he said "Behold, thus shall the man be blessed Who fears the Lord" (Psalm 128:4).

Thank you Laura for loving Jesus and us.

We love you!
José

Anonymous said...

i love the music on your blog. It touches my heart. I love that particular alphabet. I want to do that alphabet for zeekie. How did you figure that out? You are a proverbs 31 in my book.

Love,
Nettie

Anonymous said...

My friend...and you think you aren't creative! Hello!!! You are so amazing! And let your husband know that he made me cry when I read his comment!!! Seeing those pictures of your babies made me realize how much I miss you!!! Give them kisses from me and siah!!! I love you!!!