Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just To Be With You

This evening at church we will begin going through the book of Ephesians with the youth. As I was reading through some of the verses in chapter 1, it just hit me how much Jesus loves us...

verses 4-5 "just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,"

Its like Jesus saw you and said "I have to have that one there. I can't live without him/her. I will pay anything to be with him/her. I will even pay with my own blood if that's what it takes." And He did. That amazes me that without the certainty of having our love reciprocated He still paid the price with His blood, suffering the torture and shame of the cross. His love is unfathomable.

If you've never done so, click on the song in my playlist at the bottom of my page called "Love Song". Its from Jesus to you.

4 comments:

Jess Stevens said...

Laura your posts always touch me, thank you for sharing from your heart!
I'd like to chat, feel free to email me personally (cnjstevensATverizonDOTnet)

Leti said...

Just to think that Jesus left "heaven/perfection" willingly for ME/YOU. He paid a price I could never pay, willingly, for the JOY set before Him, he endured the CROSS. His love and sacrifice are beyond my comprehension. Yet, I don't need to understand to accept. He calls me His Beloved, His Chosen One..."greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you." Amen, thank you Jesus. Thank you Laura for sharing this...stirs up so much emotion in my heart.

Anonymous said...

This is confirmation about how much the Lord loves me. God's Word is powerful. Thank you for sharing these encouraging scriptures.

Love,
Nettie

:corinne: said...

**What a wonderful reminder Laura. Thank you. Sometimes I forget just how much God loves me and made me in his perfect image. He loves me so that he gave HIs own son for me. WOW! God Bless!