Sunday, September 16, 2007

Back From Africa




My dad returned from a two week stay in Africa yesterday. As you can see from the slideshow above, he was able to come into close contact with so much of the wildlife. He was impressed beyond his expectations and is really happy he made the trip. He travelled with his best friend, Rick and Rick's wife, Louise. He brought us some African t-shirts (so now we can wear something NOT made in China :) ) and some real wooden shoes purchased during his layover in Amsterdam. My girls love them!! They look like little Dutch girls. Thanks Grandpa!!! We're so glad you had a great time and even more glad you're home safe and sound.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awsome pictures. They look like National geo graphic slides.
love,
nettie

Anonymous said...

Wowie ZOWIE! What a great job you did with the photos! Thank you for featuring my trip. Was fun sharing the pix with you-all. I learned SO much on this trip and I'm very, very glad to be back in America the Beautiful! (Thanks for the nice compliment, Nettie!)

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

you have really gotten the hang of this "slide-show pix's". The pictures are wonderful. How exciting that your Dad got to go on this adventure. I'm sure the girls loved the pictures too. And of course they'll enjoy Grampa's stories...how wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Thank you for sharing the photos of your dad's trip. I enjoyed them. I also enjoyed reading and viewing your other information. You do a great job!

Barbara Mitchell (friend of your dad's).

Laura said...

Yes, my dad does do a fabulous job behind the camera.

Thanks for the compliments!

Anonymous said...

Uncle Mel's photos are great! I love the close-ups and can't wait to see them on a BIG SCREEN!!!!

Nancy

How do you get the slide show to stop?

Christina Williams said...

Hello, it's me,

Brilliant photos...Mel...your family is just lovely ..all you guys are really lucky to have such a decent dad and grand pa...I know, he was as decent to me... the DIT....October 9th, 2007...Thanks again Mel for the advise...Christina Williams 951.375.9339 christinitini1@yahoo.com