Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hold You, Mommy

On this perfectly cool and cozy morning I was able to go to Leti's house to enjoy coffee and company. She surprised me with a new devotional book called "Hold You, Mommy". Both of my girls as 1 and 2 years olds would always say "hold you" went they wanted me to do just that. My mom says I used to say the very same thing. So the title alone is super sweet. Anyway, as I was sitting in the parking lot to pick up Annie, I began reading it and already love it so much! I just have to post the song lyrics in the beginning of the book because it is too special not to share. Enjoy!!

My heart is filled with joy as I hold you in my arms.
Knowing all you want and all you need is truly found in me.
God's precious gift of love is all wrapped up in you.
I want to raise you up to love the Lord the way He wants me to.
I'll cherish each and every time I hold you in my arms.
Oh I know the days are passing much too fast.
But when this time has come and gone I'll hold the memory
Of your little arms extended up to me, saying...

Hold you, Mommy. Hold you, Mommy.
Safe within your arms of love is where I long to be.
Hold you, Mommy. Oh hold you, Mommy
Just like the Father up above, surround me with Your perfect love again

When you fall and skin your knee and come running back to me
I want to be the one to wipe your tears, kiss your hurts, calm your fears.
When you wake up in the night and cry out in the dark
I want to hold you close, whisper in your ear, "Everything will be alright."
I know there'll come a time when I won't hold you in my arms.
You won't need my hugs or want them anymore.
But how I want my arms to always be a refuge in your eyes
No matter where you roam or the changes in your life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, Jeff was the first one to say "hold you" and your mom and I thought that was so funny! It sounds like a fine book!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great book! And, the last two lines are so true in my life. My mom's arms have always been a refuge for me...no matter where I roam or the changes in my life. No matter how old I get, my parents have been and continue to be a safe refuge :-)

Anonymous said...

you know that the first time I heard "hold you" was from Anne, so when I saw this book I knew you had to have it. However, I am thankful that it is not simply a book, but a resource that you will get encouragement and give it to others. The task of raising children truly is a blessing, yet at times we need those around us that can lift up our hands. Keep at it...you are doing a wonderful job. May God continue to bless you with wisdom and joy.