Monday, September 24, 2007

Five Simple Rules

Today the girls and I made a poster for their bedroom containing five simple rules for our home. I've been wanting to do this for some time and finally got to it today. The rules are as follows: 1) Be kind to others 2) Obey Daddy and Mommy, and all other adults 3) Always use your manners including "please", "thank you", "excuse me", "no thank you", "hi", and "good-bye" 4) Don't use rude words or a rude sounding voice" and 5) Include everyone. I also included a Scripture at the bottom of each rule so they know that these are all characteristics the Lord wants to see in their lives. They were excited to sign and date their first official contract. :) Let's see how excited they are when I have a tangible document to point to in remembrance of actual rules!

I'm hoping this helps them along a little. Right now (as we have been for some time) we deal with two main issues with one of the girls...friendliness (or lack thereof) and fits, some that none can compare to!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a fine idea! I think that it's important that they learn the meaning of a commitment and this is a great way to begin. Follow-through with promises and commitments is critical to living a happy and successful life.

Anonymous said...

Rules, rules...what would we do without them. Thank God that you are giving your girls tangible goals to reach for. And yes, it won't always be fun, but in the long run so worth it. btw I love poster board and bulletin boards.