Wednesday, September 19, 2007

When Will I Learn???

For the last few months I've wanted to cut bangs to my eyebrows, and have them kind of swish to the side (no pixie bangs). Because I am an impatient person, I didn't feel like waiting any longer for a time slot to go alone, and make the drive to where I know they'll do it right. Now Annie told me flat out that I shouldn't cut bangs and it won't look good. So, ignoring my 4-year old's wisdom, I took my girls to a less than professional haircut shop, watched as the girl cut my bangs far too short and uneven, and proceeded to thin them out, making them look like a bunch of split ends. I look like a 2 year old who tried to cut my own hair. Actually, I think my two year old could have done a better job. So if you see me in the next several weeks while they are growing out, you'll see bobby pins or a headband, or some kind of clip to hold them back. Oh yeah, and I paid the girl and even tipped her...what's wrong with me????

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Golly, I'm SO sorry, Sweetheart! I don't like getting my hairs cut but it's even worse when they do a crummy job! I guess that there's nothing you can do but concentrate on growing hair for the next few weeks! :-(

:corinne: said...

{{Huggs}} to you! So sorry my friend! I think we've all learned that lesson at some point in time. Hey at least head bands are in!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear that...something like that actually happened to me too....i went to get my bangs done because i thought they would look cute, but the lady left them too long...so i took things into my own hands....it was a nightmare...the boys made fun of me...no worries, they'll grow back..
love ya,
nancy

Anonymous said...

Laura, I'm sorry that happened to you! I had to laugh though as I was reading your post--I think we've all been there at least once! The best (or worst?) story I've ever heard happened to Ben, actually. He went to the Supercuts across from USC once, and in the middle of the hair cut, the lady says, "Oops". Sure enough, he had one bald stripe in the back of his head the same size and shape as the razor she was using.

It will grow back...I know that's not helpful to you right now, but it will. :(

Anonymous said...

Laura,

I am so sorry to hear what happened. I do that at least once a year. I remember a lady cut my hair so short that I looked like a boy. I had to go punk rock for awhile. But as it grew out I started a trend. God works all things together for good.

Love,
Nettie
p.s. I tipped the lady also.:(

Laura said...

Thanks for all the sympathy! :)