Friday, September 28, 2007

Celebration






Well today we had lots of fun. We had a lazy morning and then off to Auntie Leti's house to enjoy a lunch she made in honor of Jose's birthday. She made one of his favorite authentic Mexican dishes, Chile Verde along with her famous Spanish rice to which no other compares. We enjoyed good conversation and also set up a blog for Leti! :) Can't wait to start reading it!

Then off to the fair we went (thanks to my mom's good friends, Tina and Gerry, who passed on free tickets to us). We had fun and did mostly kid stuff like the petting zoos and Daddy won the girls stuffed animals. Then Annie cried the whole way to the car because we didn't buy a $7.00 balloon. Sorry kiddo, but even if we were rich I don't think we'd make that purchase just out of sheer principle.

We drove to Anaheim while the girls slept and ate dinner at our favorite BBQ joint, Chris N Pitts. When we got back into town we stopped off to get the girls .79 cent balloons at Party City (a much better deal) and headed home.

All in all it was a good day, except my allergies...they're killin' me!!! They have gotten progressively worse over the last few years and have even developed into skin allergies. So I feel and look a mess, BUT! there is a light at the end of the tunnel for me. Next Friday I'm scheduled for a scratch test with the allergist. Bring on the needles cause I am soooo done with this hindrance. I hate feeling this way because I know I get extra cranky and short with my family. Alright, enough complaining for one evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had such a fun birthday day! Chris n' Pitts? That was Loretta's MOST favorite restaurant and Rick would make fun of her because he said that it went out of style in 1956! In the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth that restaurant advertised a lot on TV. I think it was a chain but now it's been down to this one restaurant for the last 30 years. The food's ALWAYS been SAVOY there!

Anonymous said...

oops, I meant S-A-V-O-R-Y!

Leti said...

I love the pictures. The one with Jose and the girls is adorable. The faces are worth a thousand words. I loved having you guys over and hearing the girls laughter and joy. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day, aside your allergies, of course. Our bodies are so wonderfully made that at times it is so hard to figure them out. btw you always look very nice, even if you don't feel good.