Sunday, September 16, 2007

Music To My Ears

On Friday night we attended a concert at the Lake Avenue Church in Pasadena featuring The LA Collaboration. We were invited by my dear friend, Tami. It was such a beautiful concert featuring a combination of classical music, hymns, and some jazzy numbers too. I think I had two favorites...when we all sang and then they played the hymn "Before the Throne" and also the duo between Duane (the piano player) and Alex (the violin player) of "Anything You Can Do". The talents in these two men are incredible and the best part is they give glory to God for their gifts. I can't wait to hear them again. Check out their website at www.lacollaboration.com. Tami re-vamped the website this summer and it looks fabulous

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

music is such a beautil gift from God. I read Psalm 98 and the psalmist is filled in awe of the Lord and therefore just shouts forth His praises. Even all creation gives Him all glory and praise.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming. It meant so much to me to have you there! Brent said that he got tears in his eyes when the orchestra played "Before the Throne", so you weren't alone on that one being a favorite! Some of my memories from this summer include sitting in Duane's office while he read the words to that hymn and "Jesus, Lover of My Soul" out loud to me and then turned back to the piano to begin arranging that section. The greatest thing is that he truly uses the words to inspire his arranging and one can hear when Duane and Alex play the words that they truly believe them with all their hearts. Thanks for sharing in the special night with me. By the way, Todd was thrilled to finally meet Jose :-).

Laura said...

Tami...its so funny that you mention Brent's emotion as well as the inspiration of the words in the arrangements. I forgot to mention on my posting that it surprised me how the music can evoke so much emotion. Truly, the arrangements captured and involved me. I may not be terribly familiar with classical music and orchestras, but I know without a doubt that Duane and Alex are gifted beyond imagination.