Monday, September 10, 2007

September 10th


First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to my best friend, Jen. I love you.

Well, I am officially the proud wife of a seminary student. Jose starts his classes today with Southern California Seminary. He is so excited and I'm so proud of him for going down the path the Lord is leading him. It may not be the most sensible choice in the world's eyes, but do we live to please God or man? So for me, its back to keeping the kids away and refraining from making too many commitments over the weekend for the family. But I don't mind, especially since all of the wonderful things Jose will be learning in regards to God and His Word will be used to better our family and Lord-willing one day a ministry He may entrust to us.


Yesterday we had another great day at church. The message was once again relevant and encouraging. Our pastor shared from James where we are told to not only be hearers of God's Word, but most importantly doers. It is not enough to agree with Scripture and say "good point!". We must actually put it into practice.
We welcomed the newest member of the church yesterday. Our friends, Orlando and Patty, brought their brand new baby girl, Keilah, to church yesterday. She is absolutely beautiful! Her big (1 1/2 year old) sister, Abigail, is happy with her new baby and the whole family is blessed. See the picture above.

I guess that's it for now. Back to the kids and the house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! It's uncle Joser. I was looking and admiring your blog. WOW! you realy are doing a great job. God bless you and your family. Give that husband of yours a really big hug for me and tell him I love him very very much. Maybe some day you can show my wife how to create her own blog. See ya, God bless--
Uncle Joser

Anonymous said...

I am excited for this new "adventure". God will do wonderful things with all that Jose and you are going through. Nothing is wasted in God's economy. btw doesn't Patty look good for having just had Keilah?!