Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Organized Prayer

I learned of an idea through an Emilie Barnes book that I've implemented the last few weeks and is working really well, so I thought I'd share it. You know how there are so many people you want to pray for as well as plans, ideas, and other aspects of life? I, myself would always get really overwhelmed because even though I had the greatest intentions to be faithful in prayer, especially for those who have requested it, I would forget the exact request or even just plain old forget to pray. I've tried keeping a list, but as time goes on it grows and then I'd be back to square one being overwhelmed. So I took a spiral notebook and divided it into the days of the week with stick-on tabs and then assigned all the different people and areas of life I want to cover in prayer into the different days of the week. This has really helped me during my devotion time in the morning to cover everything I want to in prayer.

3 comments:

Jess Stevens said...

awesome, thanks for sharing. What book are you reading of hers?

Laura said...

Its The 15 Minute Home and Family Organizer. There are some pretty good ideas in there.

Anonymous said...

Thats a wonderful idea. One of my bible study leaders gave me a box with little cards in it. you write out your prayers and then go through the box at the end of the year and write eout all the ones that where answered.

If you have any more organization ideas let me know.
love Nettie